Creating change through conversations includes using anecdotes, metaphors and stories effectively. Beyond the structure of your stories is their delivery. And then there is that “something extra” that makes the difference between competent delivery and telling stories that change lives.
Storytelling’s Golden Keys will give you the structures, tools and skills to make your storying more powerful and more effective, while unlocking the door to the real treasure that is helping people to change… without getting in their way.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to gain and hold attention, while unpacking your story-wares.
- Choosing your role in storytelling (there’s more than one…)
- Four basic structures and seven story-devices which cover most storytelling and anecdote situations.
- Using storytelling and anecdotage to increase what an audience or a listener remembers.
- How to ensure that your audience connects with your stories and anecdotes.
- Getting your listeners to jump to the right conclusions through effective use of inference.
- Using sensory and cognitive priming to enhance the impact of your stories.
- The role of Requisite Variety in state management while telling stories – both your won and your audience.
- And much more…
Thursday 20th and Friday 21st October 2016
Early Bird discount until July 31st! = £264
The Conference Room
Amnesty International UK
Human Rights Action Centre
17-25 New Inn Yard
Video & Audio Recording and Broadcasting notice:
MBNLP and D&T New Media Limited routinely audio and/or video records all our programs and events for archival purposes, as well as for potential public release. You should assume that this event will also be recorded.
Rarely, we have had requests from an individual participant who did not wish to be seen in any video recording or be heard on any audio. We are happy to attempt to accommodate these requests by establishing an “off camera” and “mute” seating area upon written request when booking. Although this should not inhibit the viewing or listening experience, it may impact your participation if you are unwilling to appear in front of the group during demonstrations, exercises or Q&A which benefits all the participants, which will be recorded.
Unless you make such a specific request in writing at the time of booking, you are granting your permission for us to record and use your image and voice at our discretion, including in any broadcasting or recordings made for sale.